Saturday, February 24, 2007

30 miles out near Scholls - Cold and Wet

I didn't make it on this week's ride. I was back in Virginia visiting the family, but Sean went. It sounds like it was a doozy... (Christa wrote)

Christa assumed correctly, let me set the scene, it was a warm, clear sunny day no cars were on the road and I was feeling on top of my game! No wait a minute, sorry that was what I was dreaming the entire wet, windy and gray 30 mile ride. I found it quite strange the only ride Christa has missed was the most miserable. You know they say misery loves company! I really missed Christa's company on this ride. Although the ride had all of its drawbacks I was able to "test" out all of my winter bike gear. The fenders worked great and my booties kept my feet almost completely dry. Had I been in the saddle for another hour or so I would not have been a happy camper. All in all it was a good ride, can't wait for next week. Hills hills hills. Welcome back Christa!!

No comments: