Saturday, March 31, 2007

There's a reason they call it HILLSBORO!

We are starting to get into parts of Oregon where we have never ridden before. This week we rode 45-miles starting in Hillsboro. Most of the ride was relatively flat with nice rolling hills...up and down...up and down...then we arrived at the bottom of Clapshaw Hill Rd. 1-mile up and up and up. There was a big group of us together at that point still, but as we got to the bottom of that hill, we started to spread out for the rest of the ride. With about 10 miles to go, we found ourselves at the bottom of our next big climb, Blooming Fern Hill Rd. That one was a 16% grade climb...I didn't make it on my bike. But walking up that, in bike shoes, pushing your bike is still an achievement, so I don't feel too bad.

This has been a good biking week for us outside of our regular training. I rode my bike out to work on Monday, 14 miles each way--over the west hills. Sean went on a ride after work on Tuesday and on Thursday, we decided to ride out to Clackamas (a suburb to the East of Portland) and we climbed Mt. Scott. The ride was about 30 miles, and we felt great afterward. Hungry...but not sore.

I think we'll be ready for our ride in 2 months...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I get out of breath reading your reports! Good job guys.