Sunday, July 6, 2008

Unofficial Pickel Duathlon

I signed up for another Olympic triathlon in 2 weeks. I also signed Sean up for an Olympic Duathlon (no swim, just bike/run). We'll be back in Bend, and I am hoping that the weather is a bit better.

It's called the Deschutes Dash and has a fast down stream swim...that should be fun.

Today, in anticipation of that event, we went on a 30 mile bike ride around Kelly Pt. Park and up Marine Drive. We had a big of a tail wind and made AWESOME time. I would have had a 19 mph average if I hadn't gotten a flat just 1.5 miles from home. As it is, I had an 18.9 mph average. That's a record for me. We were cruising along Marine Drive at 23-24 mph. I love a good tailwind. Every bike ride should be slightly downhill with a tailwind :)

When we got home, we changed into our running shoes and took off on a 5.5 mile run from the house, through the Rose Garden, once around the river and home again. Our total time was 2.5 hours for the bike ride and run.

No comments: