Saturday, May 5, 2007

Hillsboro to Hagg Lake - 65 miles

Ravi, Sean, Marcia, Nate, Don


Put in another 4 hours on the saddle today. We started in Hillsboro and started winding our way through the countryside, past a couple of wineries on our way to Hagg Lake. We climbed one good sustained 4 mile climb up Bald Peak -- Sean of course finished at the top with the rest of the fast folks, but I held my own.

10 miles later, we were at Hagg Lake ready to tackle 11 miles around the lake, and 11 rolling hills. Some were big, some were not, but it felt great to get around that Lake and heading for the 2nd half of the ride.

The second half of the ride found me playing catch up to the faster riders. I was riding with Marcia and we were so close, but with 6 of them, and only 2 of us, we couldn't quite catch them until they waited for us -- I know a novel idea :)

We felt great at the end of the ride...we are definitely going to be ready for Tahoe in 3 weeks.

No comments: