Sunday, June 8, 2008

Pioneer Century


Training Continues...

We rode the Pioneer Century yesterday. It's a great ride split into 2 halves. The first 1/2 is 55 miles and 3,000 feet of elevation climbing. Then we all stopped for lunch back at the start and probably 75% of the people called it quits. The rest of us went on to the second half, 45 miles, mostly flat with with some rolling hills. I struggled on the 2ND half. Twice during the ride, my front brake decided to stick. Sean thinks it's because I hit a big piece of wood and now my tire is out of "true." Anyway, a couple of times, I hit a really big wall and struggled to keep going. We had a total ride time of 6 hours and 53 minutes for 102 miles and 4,000 ft of elevation. Not great, but not really bad either.

So, today we are waffling with the idea of going for a run. For my running training, I should go for an 8-mile run. But I think that I will stick with a 5 mile run since I rode yesterday.

Next week I am signed up to do a Sprint Triathlon...just to get the sense of the transitions, etc. Sean will probably go for a long ride with the group and training continues...

No comments: